General Terms & Conditions
I (or if I am a minor, my undersigned parent or guardian) seek to apply for a program sponsored by INSPIRE LEARNING. My participation in the Program organised by INSPIRE LEARNING is contingent on my execution and acceptance of this Program Agreement (this ‘Agreement’). As an inducement for INSPIRE LEARNING to allow me to participate in the Program, I agree as follows:
If this Agreement is signed by the parent or guardian of a Program participant, the terms ‘I’, ‘me’ and ‘my’ used herein will mean and refer to both the Program participant and the undersigned parent or guardian.
- Representations, warranties and covenants
I represent, warrant and covenant to INSPIRE LEARNING as follows, which representations, warranties and covenants will be relied upon by INSPIRE LEARNING and will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- I have read and I understand and accept the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- All information that I provide to INSPIRE LEARNING, including that which I have submitted on the Application (‘Application’) to participate in the Program, is complete and correct.
- I will notify INSPIRE LEARNING of any modifications to or errors in the information provided in the Application within five (5) calendar days of any such modification or discovery of an error.
- I have read and agree to the terms and conditions in INSPIRE LEARNING’s Program literature (‘the Literature’) provided to me, which is incorporated herein by reference and which constitutes part of this Agreement, including, without limitation, provisions in the Literature setting forth responsibility, payment of fees, status changes, refunds, accommodations and courses. In the event of any conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Literature, the terms of this Agreement will control.
- I understand that I will be travelling to a foreign country, with different customs, standards, laws, and risks than my own country. I agree to take reasonable steps to become familiar with the host country’s relevant civil laws, criminal laws, customs and risks. I agree that INSPIRE LEARNING does not have a duty to inform me of these risks.
- I understand and acknowledge: (a) that I may become sick or injured while participating in a Program; (b) that I may be arrested or imprisoned if I do not conform to the local laws; (c) that each foreign country has its unique set of criminal and civil laws, and I may become a victim of a crime, or become a defendant in a civil suit; and (d) that I may find local customs or standards unusual, disagreeable or even repugnant. I accept the above described risks and other risks involved in travel in, to and among foreign countries. As set forth below, I will not attempt to hold INSPIRE LEARNING or its Representatives (defined below) responsible for any such risks or problems encountered while participating in an INSPIRE LEARING Program.
- I understand that I am responsible for any and all expenses incurred while travelling independently on weekends or holidays during, before or after my period of stay at a Program site. I also understand that INSPIRE LEARNING does not provide support during periods of independent travel. I understand that I am responsible for exercising caution at all times to avoid injuries, and that INSPIRE LEARNING does not have a duty to supervise my independent activities.
- I understand that INSPIRE LEARNING does not provide insurance coverage for health and accidents; and I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to purchase insurance as I deem necessary. I agree that INSPIRE LEARNING is not responsible for any uninsured losses.
- I will comply with INSPIRE LEARNING’s policies including its rules, standards and instructions for Program participants. I agree that INSPIRE LEARNING will have the right to enforce its policies, rules and appropriate standards of conduct and that it may at any time terminate my participation in the Program for failure to maintain standards of conduct and that it may at any time terminate my participation in the Program for failure to maintain INSPIRE LEARNING’s standards. I agree that INSPIRE LEARNING may change, modify or amend its policies, rules, standards and instructions for any Program and I will be bound by and will abide by any such changes.
- If my participation in a Program is terminated for any reason I consent to being withdrawn from the Program at my own expense and will not receive a refund of any amount paid by me.
- Release and waiver
I unconditionally release and hold harmless INSPIRE LEARNING and its Representatives from any claims for damage, injury, loss or expense of any nature resulting from events beyond their control, including, without limitation, losses arising from any of the following: (i) Acts of God, war, strikes, crime, terrorism, sickness/quarantine, government restrictions, laws or regulations; (ii) any travel-related or transportation-related activity or event; (iii) any act, consequence, or omission relating to any tour, hotel accommodation, or other hospitality or lodging; and (iv) any act or omission of any school, university host, host family, or other firm, agency, company or individual, unless the loss is caused by our gross negligence.
I hereby release, discharge, waive, forgive and agree to hold harmless INSPIRE LEARNING, its members, manager, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, representatives and affiliates (collectively, ‘Representatives’), and any institution serving as sponsor or host of a Program and its Representative, against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, liabilities, debts, set-offs, amounts, judgements or damages to or loss of property, personal illness or injury, death, whether known or unknown, discovered or undiscovered, related to or arising out of my participation in a Program and unrelated travel, and any program or activity conducted by or associated with INSPIRE LEARNING or any institution or organisation serving as a sponsor or host of a Program.
- Limitation of liability
Under any and all circumstances, the cumulative liability of INSPIRE LEARNING to me will not exceed the total fees paid by me to INSPIRE LEARNING.
To the greatest extent permitted by law, I agree that INSPIRE LEARNING and/or its representatives will not be liable to me for any loss of use, interruption of business or any indirect, special, incidental punitive or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits), regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, even if INSPIRE LEARNING has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Authorisation of action by INSPIRE LEARNING
In the event of my illness, injury or incapacity while participating in a Program, I authorise any agent of INSPIRE LEARNING to take whatever actions they may consider necessary or advisable to secure treatment at my own (or my parents’ or guardians’) expense, including without limitation, arranging for the administration of an anaesthetic, surgery and/or transportation back to my home country. I agree to provide the name of an emergency contact whom INSPIRE LEARNING may notify should INSPIRE LEARNING deem it necessary.
I authorise INSPIRE LEARNING to release my Application and supporting references and documentation to Program host institutions, my home institution(s) and their personnel (if applicable), and INSPIRE LEARNING’s staff. I agree that INSPIRE LEARNING may distribute my name and email address to other past, present and future Program participants and applicants, unless I notify INSPIRE LEARNING in writing otherwise.
I understand that INSPIRE LEARNING occasionally uses statements by its participants and/or their photographs. I hereby grant to INSPIRE LEARNING a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-transferable royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, copy, display and distribute my name, photograph, likeness and any statements made by me about a Program in INSPIRE LEARNING’s website, advertising, marketing, promotions and printed materials thereof.
- Consent to program changes
INSPIRE LEARNING (and/or a sponsoring academic institution) reserves the right to cancel any program (or any potion of a program) for good cause, such as insufficient enrolment or otherwise, and that INSPIRE LEARNING may alter arrangements for transportation, program, itineraries, accommodations, and departure dates, and may make program changes or substitutions (collectively ‘Program Changes’). I consent to any Program Changes and agree to pay INSPIRE LEARNING any additional fees charged by INSPIRE LEARNING due to Program Changes. I also understand that, if I leave a Program for any reason, there will be no refund of program fees or any expenses already paid.
I will indemnify, defend and hold harmless INSPIRE LEARNING for, from and against any and all expense, liabilities and losses (including, without limitation, investigation expenses and expert witnesses’ and attorneys’ fees and expenses, costs of court, judgements, penalties, fines and amounts paid or to be paid in settlement) actually incurred by INSPIRE LEARNING, in connection with any action, suit or proceeding, whether civil, criminal, administrative, or investigative, to which I am a party or is threatened to be made a party (any ‘Proceeding’) based upon, arising from, relating to, or by reason of (i) my participation or involvement in a Program; (ii) my actions, omission, or failure to act while taking part in a Program or travelling as part of a Program; (iii) any misrepresentation or breach of me of any representation, warranty, covenant or agreement made or contained in this Agreement; and (iv) any action taken by an agent of INSPIRE LEARNING pursuant to Section 5 (‘Authorisation of Action by INSPIRE LEARNING’) above.
- Survival and order of precedence
In the event of the termination or expiration of this Agreement, the provisions of Section 2 (‘Representations, warranties and covenants’), Section 3 (‘Release and waiver’), Section 6 (‘Licence’), Section 8 (‘Indemnification’), Section 4 (‘Limitation of liability’), this Section 9 (‘Survival and order of precedence’), and Section 11 (‘Attorneys’ Fees and Expenses; Effective Date’) will survive and will continue to bind the parties.
- Governing law, jurisdiction and venue
This Agreement will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Republic of Ireland (without given effect to conflicts of law principles). Any action, suit or arbitration proceedings relating to this Agreement or arising from my relationship with INSPIRE LEARNING must be commenced and maintained it the appropriate Irish court, as applicable. The parties irrevocably consent to jurisdiction and venue in such courts for such purposes and agree not to seek transfer or removal of any action commenced in any such court in accordance with the terms of this Section.
- Attorney’s fees and expenses
In the event either party hereto institutes an action or other proceeding to enforce any rights arising under this Agreement, the prevailing party will be paid all reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees (including but not limited to, expert witness fees and costs) by the other party, such fees to be set by the court and not by a jury and to be included in any judgment or award entered in such proceeding.
- Merger & modification
No modification of this Agreement, nor waiver of any rights that arise from this Agreement, will be effective unless it is in writing and is signed by both parties. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding between the parties relating to the subjects addressed herein, and merges all prior discussions between the parties concerning such subjects.
- Successors & Assignment
This Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the successors, legal representatives and permitted assigns of the parties. No assignments of the rights and obligations by you hereunder will be valid or binding absent INSPIRE LEARNING’s written consent.
- Disclosure of previous or current conditions
You agree to notify and disclose to INSPIRE LEARNING (on a separate form that INSPIRE LEARNING will provide upon request) any current or previous conditions that might adversely and materially affect your participation in the Program, such as medical conditions, psychological conditions, or past criminal history.
I/we certify that I/we have read and agree to the terms of this Agreement, the Literature, and all of INSPIRE LEARNING’s policies, including those relating to health and safety, participant conduct and refunds. This Agreement will go into effect when my application is accepted by INSPIRE LEARNING and shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
A non-refundable $100 fee must accompany your application. Unfortunately, no applications will be processed unless this payment has been made.
INTENT TO ENROL DEPOSIT
A non-refundable $500 intent to enrol deposit is payable upon acceptance by the deadline listed in your acceptance paperwork. This deposit will be applied to your placement costs; places in the programs will not be held without this deposit, which is non-refundable under any circumstances once a student has been confirmed.
Once you have been accepted into the program, you will receive written instructions on payment instructions.
REMAINDER OF PROGRAM FEES
The balance of your program fees must be paid by the deadline listed in Appendix A. Failure to pay the entire balance of the fees by the deadline will result in expulsion from the program.
Program participants are required to pay a refundable damage deposit of $250 along with program fees. This deposit is fully refundable unless there is any damage done to your accommodation, unpaid bills or lost library/text books. Your deposit, minus any deductions, will be returned to you within 90 days after your departure from campus.
- Optional 8-week internship placement*
- Airport pickup
- Cultural excursions
- Student support
- Mobile phone rental
* Supplemental charge of $1,200 for housing during 8-week internship
FEES DO NOT INCLUDE
- Non-refundable application fee ($100) or damage deposit ($400 per semester)
- Housing and meals
- Textbooks and laboratory fees
- Personal spending money
- Orientation programs during the second semester for full-year students
Most forms of federal, state and private financial aid or loans may be applied to Inspire Learning’s Study Abroad in Ireland program with approval of your home institution. Details are available from your campus financial aid officer or study abroad advisor. If you plan to use your financial aid award to pay program fees, you should apply early to meet aid application deadlines.
Rules of eligibility are determined by federal, state and local authorities. The student must pay, by the final payment deadline, the program fee less approved financial aid or loans that will be disbursed after the payment deadline. Students are responsible for ensuring that any outstanding balance is paid by the aid disbursement date. The student is responsible for full payment of fees regardless of any change to expected financial aid and or loan amounts.
REFUND, CANCELLATION AND DEFERMENT POLICIES
Enrolment in an international program requires a great deal of advanced preparation. The participant must make commitments of time and money in order to go abroad. INSPIRE LEARNING also makes resource and financial commitments on behalf of each participant prior to the program start date.
These commitments are made in order to maximize the value of the programs for all participants.
For this reason, INSPIRE LEARNING has instituted limited refund, cancellation and deferment policies for which no exceptions will be made. All cancellations or deferments must be signed and sent in writing via recorded post. Phone calls and emails are not acceptable. No refunds will be made other than those specified below:
- The application fee is non-refundable
- The $500 program deposit is fully refundable if a written cancellation request is received by INSPIRE LEARNING within 7 days (one calendar week) of the deposit payment deadline. After 7 days, the program deposit is non-refundable.
If an applicant withdraws after payment is made but prior to the actual start date of the program, the INSPIRE LEARNING refund policy is as follows:
- If, in accordance with the INSPIRE LEARNING deferment policy, an applicant defers participation to a future program or change to a different program, any monies already paid will be applied to the cost of the new program, but not refunded.
- If, in accordance with the INSPIRE LEARNING cancellation policy, an applicant cancels participation, the following refund policy will be put into effect. The policy below will apply only to the remainder of the program fee, after payment of the $500 deposit. The $500 is not subject to the policy outlined below. No refunds will be made other than those specified below:
- If the applicant withdraws more than 60 days prior to the program start date as listed on the application, INSPIRE LEARNING will retain 25% of the program fees and will refund the remainder.
- If the applicant withdraws 45-59 days prior to the program start date as listed on the application, INSPIRE LEARNING will retain 50% of the program fees and will refund the remainder.
- If the applicant withdraws 30-44 days prior to the program start date as listed on the application, INSPIRE LEARNING will retain 75% of the program fees and will refund the remainder.
- If the applicant withdraws 29 days or less prior to or after the program start date as listed on the application, no refund will be made.
Applicants may request deferment of their program 60 days or more prior to their program state date as listed on the application. Written and signed notification of deferment is required. In addition, participants should contact INSPIRE LEARNING to verify the program fees already paid for the current program as well as the amount of program fees for eligible to be transferred to future participation, if applicable. Approval for the deferment is at the sole discretion of the INSPIRE LEARNING management team.
Participants eligible for the deferment option will be sent a Future Enrolment Letter confirming receipt of notification and noting the programs for which the participant may re-enrol. The participant will be required to submit a new application and application fee for the new program selected. In addition, participants must make up any price difference between programs. Acceptance to a previous program does not guarantee acceptance to a future program. Participants are subject to current prices are eligible to defer only once.
INSPIRE LEARNING reserves the right to cancel or suspend a program for any valid reason, including but not limited to:
- Insufficient enrolment as deemed by INSPIRE LEARNING
- Factors outside of INSPIRE LEARNING’S control. In any such event, accepted applicants are given the choice of
- Deferring to a future program session
- Switching to a different INSPIRE LEARNING program site
- A full refund of the program fee minus the application fee, program deposit and any program expense already paid by INSPIRE LEARNING on behalf of the participant. If the accepted applicant defers to a future program session or switches to a different program site, the applicant will be responsible for paying any difference in the program fee.
CHANGE IN PROGRAM DESIGN
Although INSPIRE LEARNING attempts to ensure that programs operate as described in the published material, occasionally circumstances mandate that changes in the service, academic study and/or housing are necessary or advisable. No refund or reduction of fees will be made as long as the altered arrangements are similar to the original arrangements and participants are able to complete the required work, determinations or similarity will be made at Inspire Learning’s sole discretion.
INSPIRE LEARNING SPONSORED ACTIVITIES AND EXCURSIONS
In an effort to introduce participants to the local community and to explore cultural, historic and social elements of the host country, INSPIRE LEARNING will occasionally plan activities and excursions for participants of some programs. Although INSPIRE LEARNING attempts to plan activities around academic calendars and participant placement schedules, it is impossible to avoid all scheduling conflicts. Activity and excursions itineraries are based upon availability and are subject to change. No refunds or substitutions will be given to participants who either miss or choose not to participate in any INSPIRE LEARNING sponsored activity.
From time to time, INSPIRE LEARNING will offer promotional discounts or pricing plans for a limited time. Only those applicants who submit the required application materials and fees within the specified time frame of the promotion will be entitled to the reduced program price. Applicants applying prior to the run of the promotion or just after the promotion deadline will not be granted any price adjustment or price difference refund.
By accessing this website https://inspirelearning.ie/wp, you acknowledge the terms and conditions expressed herein. We reserve the right to change this policy at our sole discretion and without notice.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED, AND WHY?
When a user visits our website, we collect information about the visit that does not identify the user personally. We track information such as the domain from which the user is visiting and the user’s browser type. We also collect specific information regarding the user’s session on our website. This includes items such as the date and time of the visit and the pages viewed.
Sometimes we ask a user to voluntarily provide personally identifiable information (PII). This information generally includes, but is not limited to, name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number, billing/card details. We request this information when the user requests one of the following:
- To register to attend a course, in on-line seminars or demonstrations
- To receive specific information from us such as a whitepaper or code sample
- To sign up for a mailing list
- To correspond with us
- Or any other such activity that we deem necessary
Inspire Learning does not collect any personally identifiable financial or health-related information. We do not intentionally collect information from children under the age of 13.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION USED?
Non-personally identifiable information (non-PII) is collected to allow us to analyse how our website is used and to improve the content and service the website provides.
Personally identifiable information is collected for analysis to improve the content of the website and the services we provide the user.
Inspire Learning owns the collected information and will not sell, trade, or rent the information to others. We may use the information to continue contact with the user. This may include contact such as follow-up calls, e-mail correspondence, or mail correspondence to follow-up on the contact or to provide marketing information about promotions, new services, or important website changes.
Inspire Learning may share this information with its business partners for the specific purpose of a promotion or service offering.
ARE “COOKIES” USED ON THE WEBSITE?
HOW IS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION SAFEGUARDED?
Inspire Learning utilises industry standard methods and mechanisms such as firewalls, intrusion monitoring, and passwords to protect electronic information. Multiple physical security methods such as locking devices and 24 hour premise monitoring are also employed. Finally, access to PII is limited to a small number of personnel and on a need-to-know basis.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
Inspire Learning’s web site may contain links to other internet web sites. Inspire Learning neither controls nor endorses external sites and is not responsible for the content of such sites. This policy does not cover the privacy policies and data collection practices of non-
Inspire Learning web sites.
HOW TO OPT OUT OF CORRESPONDENCE
Based on the information a user has provided, Inspire Learning may send e-mail correspondence to the user. Each correspondence will contain an easy means to opt out of further correspondence.