MUSEUM – SPECIAL PROJECTS INTERNSHIP
Rural museum that is home to the national collection of objects representing the traditional way of life in Ireland since 1850.
To apply for these positions, quote the Internship code on your query. To start an application, click on the ’Apply Now’ button below. Email email@example.com for more details on the programme and cost.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in implementing the event programme.
- Carry out various administrative duties required to put the programme in place.
- Assist the Co-ordinator in submitting the Event license application.
- Assist in implementing the event Marketing Strategy in conjunction with the event Steering Committee.
- Assist in communicating various aspects of the programme to Museum staff.
- Assist in implementing a targeted PR & social media strategy.
- Co-ordinate the staffing and volunteer programme, in consultation with the Project Co-ordinator
- Assist the Project Co-ordinator in liaising with event participants and stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate all event signage (particularly on-site signs).
- Liaise with other Museum staff, where necessary, regarding other elements of the
- Feile na Tuaithe programme (ON SIGHT art installations).
- Carry out all aspects of administration & event documentation work as requested by the Project Co-ordinator
- Undergraduate students (3rd or 4th year) of arts management, cultural studies,
museum studies, marketing, history or similar
- Preferably has a prior internship experience
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Eager to learn and result oriented
- Excellent command of written and spoken in English
- Good level of MS Office programs
Location: Rural western Ireland
Start date(s): Rolling start date