Intern in USA
Once you apply to the Intern in USA Program, your application will reviewed by a member of the Inspire Learning team. You will then be contacted either via phone, Skype/Facetime or email to learn more about your objectives for the program. After you have been accepted into the program, Inspire Learning will find an internship placement that best fits your professional and academic goals, language skills, and previous relevant experience. Interns must be 18 years of age or older and have completed high school (or equivalent). Inspire Learning’s Intern in USA Program is open to current students, graduates, and professionals. We strongly recommend you obtain relevant experience in your chosen field prior to applying for the program. Your chances of obtaining that perfect placement increase with relevant experience and presentation of your education and experience. Students can earn academic credit for completing their internship placement. We work closely with all host organisations to ensure all necessary documentation is completed in a timely manner to ensure earned academic credit for any interested participant.
Available Fields for Internship Placements:
- Business Management
- Computer Science/ Networking
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Hotel Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Interior Design
- International Business
- International Relations
- Law & Public Administration
- Media & Communications
- Public Policy
- Theater or Theater Management
The Intern in USA Program consists of a customised placement in your field of study, accommodation for the duration of your placement, assignment of an Inspire Learning team member to your placement, optional academic credit and more.
The following are currently available internships throughout the U.S. For a detailed description of each position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Architecture in Oregon (Paid)
- Architecture & Interior Design in Los Angeles (Paid)
- Architecture (Landscape) in New York
- Branding and Marketing in New York
- Business and Marketing in North Carolina
- Business, Communications, and Tourism in Las Vegas (Paid)
- Communications, HR, Marketing, and Psychology in New York
- Communications In Seattle, WA
- Communication in Washington DC
- Communications (Non-Profit) in Washington, DC
- Digital and Social Media Marketing in San Francisco (Paid)
- Environmental Conversation in Atlanta
- Event Management for French Speaker
- Fashion in New York City
- Healthcare Administration in California
- Industrial Design, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering or Web Development in Sarasota, Florida
- International Business & Marketing in Englewood, FL (Paid)
- International Business in Charlotte, NC (For Mandarin or Cantonese Speakers)
- International Relations and Diplomacy in Washington D.C.
- International Relations & Political Science in Washington, DC
- International Relations in New Mexico
- Journalism in Washington DC
- Law in Fort Myers
- Law (Non-Profit) in Seattle
- Law in Miami
- Logistics/ International Business/ Import-Export in NY (Paid)
- Market Research in New York
- Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, Journalism Internship in New York
- Marketing in Miami
- Marketing in Burbank, California
- Marketing for Italian Speakers (Paid)
- Marketing (Solar) in New Jersey (Paid)
- Public Policy/Journalism In New York
In order to be eligible you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 38
- Know English well enough to perform successfully in the proposed traineeship/intern position.
- Plan to leave the U.S. within 30 days after completion of your program
- Submit application documents (CV, Cover Letter, Proof of Student Status, etc.) – Contact our office for details.
- Meet the following requirements for the J-1 Visa
- Apply as an “Intern” if you are foreign national who:
- (1) is currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a degree-or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside of the United States or
- (2) graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to the program begin date, and intend to enter the United States to participate in a structured and guided work-based internship program in your specific academic field.
- MAXIMUM INTERN PROGRAM DURATION: 12 MONTHS
- Apply as a “Trainee” if you are a foreign national who has either:
- (1) A degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and at least one year of prior related work experience in your occupational field acquired outside the United States, or
- (2) Five years of work experience outside the United States in your occupational field, and intend to enter the United States to participate in a structured and guided work-based training program in your specific occupational field.
- MAXIMUM TRAINEE PROGRAM DURATION: 18 MONTHS
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM COST?
|Individual neighborhood orientation with instructions on how to get to your placement from your accommodation|
|Pre-departure guidance and handbook|
|Email access to other Inspire Learning program participants in USA|
|American mobile phone rental|
|24/7 emergency support|
|24/7 in-country email support|
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN PROGRAM COST?
|Fees are not inclusive of accommodation but assistance is provided with housing search|
|Roundtrip airfare to/from USA|
|Refundable accommodation security deposit|